Charge your camera batteries, and get ready for a road trip to the beautiful shores of Long Island. On Sunday July 18th, I am offering a special sunrise workshop to photograph nesting colonial birds! This special location is a hot spot for Black Skimmers, Oyster Catchers, Terns, and the endangered Piping Plover. I will be by your side to answer any photography questions, and help you get the shots you're looking for. To further maximize your opportunity, a wildlife biologist will be on hand to explain the birds unique behavior. This outing is limited to six people in order to provide each participant with personalized instruction. Please read the details, and register below. I hope you can join us!
- When: Sunday July 18, 2010. We will gather in the parking lot for coffee, donuts, and gear set-up at 6:00am. We will then have two hours of fast paced shooting from 6:30am - 8:30am.
- Where: A conveniently located beach just off the highway in Nassau County, New York. Exact address will be provided after you register.
- Cost: $150 USD per person payable through PayPal.
What to Bring:
- DSLR or Advanced Point & Shoot - Canon, Nikon, etc.
- Telephoto Lens - A focal length of 300 or 400mm is ideal. (a 70-200 f2.8 with a 2x extender will also work)
- Extra Memory Cards - We will shoot hundreds of photos.
- Cable release (optional)
- Extra Battery
- Wear muted colors to avoid startling the birds
- If you withdraw from the workshop more than 48 hours before the starting date (July 18th, 2010 at 6:30am EST), your payment will be refunded in full via PayPal.
- If you withdraw from the workshop less than 48 hours before the workshop begins (July 18th, 2010 at 6:30am EST), 100% of your total fee will be forfeited.
- You must notify us of your withdrawal and cancellation via email. The date and time-stamp of your email will be deemed the date you gave your notice to cancel.
- If for any reason a participant arrives after 6:30am, it will be your responsibility to catch up with the group.
In Case of Rain:
- If we cancel the workshop due to rain, the makeup date is Sunday, August 1, 2010 from 6:30-8:30am.
Terms and Conditions:
- Before the workshop begins, all participants must sign a release of liability, voluntarily releasing us from all liability including but not limited to injury, illness, death, loss, or damage to personal property, which may be caused by forces of nature, negligence or actions of others, or other agencies. You understand and agree that medical services or facilities may not be readily available during the workshop. We assume no responsibility for medical care or any special dietary requirements you may have. You are personally responsible for being in sufficiently good health to undertake the activity. By registering for the workshop, you certify that you do not knowingly have any physical or other conditions or disability that would create risk for you or other participants.