Reserve Your Spot in the Upcoming DC Workshop
Washington DC has terrific restaurants, endless museums, and of course historic monuments. Add the blooming Cherry Blossoms to the mix, and you have a plethora of photo opportunities. With so much to do, people from all over the world converge on the city each Spring. Hotels can get crowded so its important to reserve your space now. I'm offering a $50 discount for participants who register before January 31st.
The workshop is limited to six people to ensure everyone receives personalized attention. I hope you can join us for a memorable day of photography instruction. For details, a list of recommended equipment, and registration info, please check below.
SUNRISE CHERRY BLOSSOM SHOOT 6:00 am - 8:30 am
Historically, the Cherry Blossom trees are at the height of their beauty in early April. To take full advantage of the warm morning light, we will meet at 6am for a sunrise shoot. There, we will create memorable photos of several historic monuments framed by magnificent Cherry Blossom trees.
LUNCH and PORTFOLIO REVIEW 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
At noon, we will re-gather for lunch and a portfolio review session. You will receive in-depth feedback and helpful advice on your images, post-processing technique, and more. Bring a CD of your photos for review on my laptop, or a more traditional print book. Alternatively, I can use my iPad to access your online gallery.
SUNSET and DUSK 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
As the sun sets, we will photograph the numerous monuments and memorials in the National Mall. To maximize the magic light, we will continue shooting into dusk, creating breathtaking images along the way.
RECOMMENDED CAMERA GEAR
Wide Angle lens (ex: 18-55mm)
Medium Telephoto (ex: 70-200mm)
External Flash (ex: SB800 or 580EXII)
Plenty of Memory Cards
Extra batteries for camera, and flash
Filters - Graduated Neutral Density, Polarizer
- This event is rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. If the weather is exceptionally poor, I reserve the right to alter the agenda as needed.
- Hotel and Transportation are not included. Due to the popularity of the Cherry Blossoms, it's recommended you book well in advance. Upon registering, I will send an email with a few hotel options.
- Each participant must have sufficient mobility. This ensures that the photography opportunities of both yourself and the other participants are not affected. Comfortable walking sneakers are recommended.
- If you must withdraw from the workshop more than 60 days before the starting date (April 2, 2011), your payment will be refunded in full.
- If you must withdraw 31 to 60 days before April 2, 2011, 25% of your total payment will be forfeited.
- If you withdraw 30 days or less before April 2, 2011, 100% of your total fee will be forfeited.
- I reserve the right to cancel a photo workshop for any reason. If an event is cancelled, 100% of your payment will be refunded.
If you have any questions at all, you can email me or call at (516) 582-4428.