I'm so excited to announce three amazing photo workshops coming in the Winter of 2013/2014. Each journey is one week long, and promises to be a great adventure with boundless photo opportunities. Highlights include:
- Hiking and bird-watching in the unspoiled and sparsely populated green hills of Jost Van Dyke.
- Explore Sage Mountain National Park for a hike through the rain forest. Mount Sage rises more than 1,700 feet, the highest point in the British Virgin Islands.
- Visit Peter Island, a lush small island, most of which is privately owned, that offers hiking paths and pristine beaches for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking.
- Gorda Peak National Park, a nature preserve, where trails lead to the summit offering spectacular vistas of the surrounding islands.
- Norman Island, reputed to be Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. Yorktown will anchor at The Caves, an outstanding swimming and snorkeling area, with crystal-clear water, colorful corals, and other marine life.
- Two-thirds of St. John is a protected national park, and during our visit we will have the opportunity to explore this verdant and welcoming island, including the Virgin Islands National Park, with its hiking trails and miles of shoreline and reefs. The park is home to a variety of flora and fauna, and historic buildings and sites, such as the Annaberg Sugar Mill ruins. During your visit, also learn about the Taino, the ancient inhabitants of the island.
- Excursion to St. Thomas' historic landmarks, including the Estate St. Peter Greathouse & Botanical Gardens, with its 500 varieties of plants. Nestled high on St. Thomas’s peaks, Estate St. Peter offers wonderful views.